Friday, December 30, 2011

Chocolate Hazelnut/ Nutella Banana Shake



'Healthy breakfast ideas with Nutella'...how many of you there have heard this and wanted to really freak on this maddening Choco- Hazelnut Spread to find the real benefits and pleasure?
Well, if not you, I am surely that one who would love to do so and you have to bear with me on this for the next few posts where Nutella will be reigning. ;)
A few days back while flickering channels, I suddenly shot upon Master Chef India's repeat telecast ( I'm a big fan of this show yet have to miss all the episodes because of my sweetheart) and there I found this Nutella back with exciting new recipes by the connoisseurs. Here's one of those basic recipes that I have replicated just with a small change. 
Also, banana is one great fruit that I barely eat as a fruit, but I love to use in all other ways, be it baking, shakes, smoothies, fries, rolls, salad, chaat, custard, pudding or whatsoever, and I'm always looking for new recipes with it so that I don't miss on the minerals I can yield from it. 
So, banana together with Nutella is a perfect combination, and that too loaded with some raisins...wow! You can just imagine how tasty and healthy it would be, especially for kids who are finicky eaters and run away from plain milk. The Master Chef recipe uses almonds with Nutella and Banana but I have altered it a bit by replacing almonds with raisins just because I don't like to eat raisins directly otherwise, so a blend of that with the chocolate will surely not keep me away from it then :)


CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT/ NUTELLA BANANA SHAKE:

Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: Nil
Serves: 2

Health Meter:
The goodness of banana, milk, hazelnut and raisins, flavored with chocolate; what better could I ask for a healthy morning breakfast than this?
For those who haven't heard about Hazelnuts: 
A hazelnut is the nut of the hazel and is also known as a cob nut or filbert nut according to species. The kernel of the seed is edible and used raw or roasted, or ground into a paste. 
Hazelnuts are rich in protein and unsaturated fat. Moreover, they contain significant amounts of thiamine and vitamin B6, as well as smaller amounts of other B vitamins.

Ingredients:
1. Ripe big bananas: 2
2. Milk: 1 glass
3. Sugar: 2 tsp or as per taste
4. Nutella spread: 3 tbs
5. Raisins: a handful

Method:
  1. As easy as it appears, simply take all the ingredients in a mixer and blend well.
  2. Ornament with raisins and chocolate sauce/ syrup.
Suggestions:
  1. You could add more milk if you do not want the shake too thick.
  2. Raisins could be replaced by any dry fruit you wish, or it could simply be Nutella Banana Shake as Nutella already has the goodness of Hazelnut.
  3. Serve immediately to avoid deterioration of milk.
  4. If you do not have Nutella ( haha, most of you would be waiting for this line I know, like I used to unless I had it), you could add some chocolate syrup/ drinking chocolate or even a dairy milk (wow, now that sounds logic!) and some other nuts like walnuts/ cashews/ pistachios/ almonds. ( who says that only Hazelnuts are flooded with protein and minerals?? )
  5. Aesthetics work for kids at least, so pour in a beautifully curved glass or a cup with some cartoon on it; hope this helps a bit. :)
  

The recipe goes to:
Cooking Made Easy With Chocolates/Cocoa
Breakfast Club  by Food, Je t'Aimee and Fuss Free Flavors
Kid's Delight  by Veg Junction and Srivalli
Chocolate Lover  by Daily Cuppa
 New 'U'  by Vardhini's Kitchen

    17 comments:

    1. yum yummmmmmmmy milk shake.
      indu srinivasan

      ReplyDelete
    2. Mute la and Hamada ,a wonderful combo.

      ReplyDelete
    3. delicious and healthy drink...never tried before...
      Happy new year!!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Delicious and healthy drink.Thanks for linking to my event.


      Ongoing Events:
      Foodies Nest
      Milk Shake~Event
      Fasting Day Menu #1

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love this... i actually use to have this smoothie with almonds instead of rasins when I was working. I didn't know it was a recipe by masterchef... i use to alternate using nutella and bournvita...

      I must say a glass full of this in the morning, you won't feel hungry till afternoon.. It's quite heavy...

      ReplyDelete
    6. I recently started using Nutella and my kids love it. Will try this out soon .. thx for linking to the event.

      Vardhini
      Event: New "U" - Healthy Eats
      Event: Healing Foods - Cauliflower

      ReplyDelete
    7. What a delicious and an healthy drink,sounds very tempting and pics are very enticing...

      Happy Blogging n Enjoy cooking...

      ReplyDelete
    8. Yummy recipe. I saw the nutella episode. Very innovative. Your clicks are awesome.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Just mouthwatering...looks so easy to prepare & delicious!

      ReplyDelete
    10. looks delecious. i love nutella & always keep a jar of this. now i have another way to enjoy it :)

      ReplyDelete
    11. Hi Anjali, enjoyed your comment :) You know just the right things to say to make me feel good - tyvm :) And I would love a glass of that delicious drink - Nutella & banana = yum!!! can have that anytime! Happy new year to you and yours, xo priya

      ReplyDelete
    12. simple, easy and yummy....thanks for linking to my ongoing event 'Chocolate Lover' :)

      ReplyDelete
    13. mmm.... ...Nutella makes the best chocolate cake filling...

      Deb

      ReplyDelete
    14. Wonderful! I will take *any* excuse to consume this magical spread! Love Nutella; perhaps a little too much ;) Really enjoyed your adaptation from Master Chef and a great contribution to the Breakfast Club this month :)

      ReplyDelete

    When you smile, not only do you feel happy, but you bring a ray of light into the lives of others. Thanks for dropping by my space and blessing me with your beautiful smile. :)